Bluewater Academy starts off with a BEGINNER CLASS that is a hands on, fun and safe leveled program, building riding skills and self confidence through horsemanship and husbandry. If you dream of owning a horse someday or are interested in equine sports, this class is for you after the BEGINNER CLASS and INTERMEDIATE CLASS.
These classes offer an extensive equine knowledge leveling to the ADVANCED CLASS.
Each level reached will further your riding skills and horse knowledge. This program is designed to build motivation, confidence and self-reliance through fun equine sports and passion for horses.
Once the student has completed the Beginner class, he/she will be eligible to join and complete our Intermediate Class and Advanced Class where they will continue to improve their horsemanship skills while unlocking new opportunities such as joining our show team, attending events for different disciplines, able to join our internship program and assistance in buying your own horse.
- Brush out horse correctly
- Saddle horse correctly
- Able to put on bell boots and splint boots correctly
- Able to bridle horse correctly and smoothly
- Able to adjust stirrups to the correct length
- Wash horse correctly
- Able to tie horses up
- Able to put blanket on the horse
- Able to lunge horse in each direction at walk/trot
- Able to stop horse correctly
- Walk, posting trot while in control
- Walk/trot following along the rail while maintaining speed
- Able to keep hands in correct position and still while at the walk/trot
- Keeps body in correct position while in the walk/trot
- Smooth, fluid transitions between the walk, sitting trot, and posting trot
- Able to stop and back horse up smoothly
- Able to make smooth 40ft circles
- Able to make a figure 8 without losing momentum or falling out of gate
Estimated time to complete Beginner Class with 2 lessons per week: 3 months
Estimated time to complete Beginner Class with 1 lesson per week: 6 months
- Able to load/unload a horse correctly in trailer
- Able to show a horse in hand (walk, trot, stop, backup)
- Able to lunge horse in all 3 gates controlled and turn horse each direction
- Able to walk, sitting trot, posting trot and canter while remaining in control
- Able to collect horse up into the bit keeping the speed
- Able to complete a circle figure 8 without losing momentum at canter or falling out of gate
- Able to smoothly transition from the walk/trot/canter
- Able to stop and back horse by using body position rather than reins
- Able to hand walk horse through scary objects
- Go watch at least 3 horse events of your choosing (ex. Rodeo, horse show, gymkhana, roping)
Estimated time to complete Intermediate Class with 2 lessons per week: 6 months
Estimated time to complete Beginner Class with 1 lesson per week: 12 months
- Able to apply liniment, clay, medicine, etc.
- Able to wrap a wound correctly.
- Able to give horse medication through the mouth (ex. wormer)
- Able to collect, arc, and counter arc horse
- Able to have horse work off of hind end while staying in the bit
- Able to do rollbacks
- Able to canter on correct leads while maintaining a slight inside arc
- Able to complete all tasks both direct rein and neck rein
- Able to smoothly transition from walk/sitting trot/posting trot/canter/stop/backup using body position no rein
- Able to complete simple lead changes through the middle of the arena
- Learn what and how feed a horse and what supplements to use on a daily basis on your own
- Able to prepare horse for a competition
- Able to prepare trailer for a competition
- Compete in a minimum of 5 competitions
- Learn what to ask a vet for a pre.purchase exam
- Learn main health issues of the horse
Estimated time to complete Advanced Class with 2 lessons per week: 12 months
Estimated time to complete Advanced Class with 1 lesson per week: 24 months
INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED CLASS student will have the opportunity to participate in a clinic headed by an NFR Professional Barrel Racer and/or a clinic headed by an AQHA World Champion in Cow Sorting & Team Penning.
Contact Us Now
It will be your best experience ever. Text us today for a reservation. Come and ride. You will love it!